2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

3.9 4bt cummins swap into dakota

Old 04-03-2012, 06:37 PM
dodgeboy96
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 3.9 4bt cummins swap into dakota

I'm looking to swap a cummins 4bt into a dakota 4x4 and wondering what the price will be for it and what all has to be done to it.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:38 AM
chickenlights
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

depends on what trans you want to run and how much you are able to purchase a motor for. mine came with mounts, an alternator, intercooler, and another trans that is a ford 4 speed that is useless to me. lets say 3K for a motor, atleast 1K for a trans if you want to use a 5 speed. adaptor shafts for np231 t case? mine was $150. vacume pump if it didnt come with the motor? or you can go my way and put a hydroboost system to operate the power brakes which as $100 off craigslist (01 Dodge ram system) steel prices are pretty high which makes it expensive to fabricate things. do you have a welder and other metal working tools? clutch for the trans if you go with a manual. drive shaft length? my rear is 4 inches too long and my front is 4 inches too short now but that also has to do with what trans you pick. im sure i am forgetting some things but just be prepared to spend money. i have been doing a lot of it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 3.9 4bt cummins swap into dakota