2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Shock question for '03 quad 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Noah Mercy
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shock question for '03 quad 4x4

I was installing the new fuel and brake lines necessitated by my fragged front driveshaft and noticed my shocks are due for replacement. Bushings are gnarly and there's actually some leakage on at least one. I figured if I've got to bust my knuckles anyway, I might as well upgrade.

Anybody rolling Edelbrock IAS shocks on their Dak? I spend most of my time on pavement and like "sporty" handling with minimal body lean. When I'm off-roading however, I like a pliant ride since there are lotsa' rocks and ruts where I go.

It looks like the IAS tubey shocky thingies will help make that happen, but I'd love to know if anyone here has firsthand experience with them. Any issues with longevity? Any bad manners I should be aware of?

Thanks for any and all feedback, folks. Since I've only had my Dakota for a couple months and it's the first "modern" 4X4 I've ever owned, I'm still learning its idiosyncrasies.

Quick Reply: Shock question for '03 quad 4x4