2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

motor swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 02:41 PM
01dakotasport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor swap

i just got a real good deal on a 01 dakota sport with no motor and tranny and have a 318 mangum out of a 1993 ram and a nv4500 tranny out of it too im wanting to put in the dakota. i just got the motor and tranny pulled out of the ram and switching everything to carb to get rid of all the wires and computer bull ****. my question is what motor mounts do i need for it and where to get them at? i cant find a for sure anwser on that anywhere. and i need to get a crossmember for the dakota it dosent have one so would the one out of the ram work in it or am i gonna have to fabicate one? the measurments were bout the same but i would have to drill new holes which i can do that im just thinking for that little truck that i will need a crossmember with a little drop to it to clear the body or would the stock crossmember work? i know in my chevy i got a body lift on it and i have a nv4500 in it and its still a tight squezz for it in there. i dont know what the differences are in the nv3500 that came out of it and the nv4500 besides ones way bigger. any help will be great.

Quick Reply: motor swap