2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Incredibly pissed! Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Sit_down_Ford!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Incredibly pissed! Suggestions?

About a month ago i had a blow out of my upper radiator hose, got it towed to my mechanic because i didn't have time to replace the hose, thermostat, cap, and check for any other problems it may have caused. Turns out everything was "fine" after the cap, hose, and thermostat were replaced. I noticed i was leaking coolant the other day so i went to top off my holding tank and turns out i had lost over 4 qts of antifreeze!! i refilled it, tried driving to the mechanic to get them to fix it because they put that cap and hose on. Engine gets to hot on the drive so i cut it off, let it cool, put some coolant in and try to keep going. Still too hot. I get it towed and it takes the shop 2 days to replace my cap and charge me $60 for their own mistake. I pick it up and drive to autozone and as i went to leave it won't crank, turn over, take a charge, click or anything. I have plenty of battery charge. It started fine 15 minutes before when i was leaving the garage. only code thrown was P0420, and i already knew that one, the new cat is on the way. I need help though! starter and fuses all seemed fine, spark plugs are only a month old, ignition switch is only 2 months old. WTF?!

Old 04-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Sit_down_Ford!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sit_down_Ford!
it won't crank, turn over, take a charge, click or anything
Take a jump*

Old 04-26-2012, 01:47 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Any power to inside items(lights,dinger,radio)? Could just be a bad batt connection. These trucks are really picky when it comes to having good grounds. Mine gave me all sorts of fits including bunch of codes(map volt to high,tps volt low,iac low rpm) Would start find one min then wouldnt do anything, wiggle the connections on the batt and it would be fine. Wouldnt idle at times till you drove the **** out of it. Then one day I replaced my neg and pos terminals and it never did it again.

Quick Reply: Incredibly pissed! Suggestions?