2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Any experience with pepboys? sorry to bother lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 06:30 PM
syllinx
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any experience with pepboys? sorry to bother lol

Just wondering if any of you get work done at pepboys? I was gonna get brake flush at firestone for 80.00 and pepboys will do it for 40.00. They also said they will do my engine flush for 45.00 and it will not mess up the motor. I just hope they are good for such a cheap price.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:25 AM
BlacklisT
Default RE: Any experience with pepboys? sorry to bother lol

make sure they label/tag your keys! Pepboys mixed my Buick Century's keys up with some Buick Regal keys or something, never did the job they were supposed to do since they couldnt get in/start it. Must be cause all GM keys look the same lol But really, make sure they label/tag your keys with your name,make,model and even license plate #.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:09 AM
BAnders
Veteran

i would go with pepboys, i had a bad experience with firestone. i had a flat on a sunday so i took it there and they fixed it but didnt balance it. i took it back and they wanted to charge me again to fix it, so i got in the mgr's face and they fixed it a 2nd time no charge

Old 03-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

My girlfriend had a tire rotation done there and they forgot to tighten the lug nuts. The wheel came off in the parking lot; luckily not the freeway.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Mike954
Rookie

Pep Boys will charge you to do anything. I.E. a tire rotation if they are doing a complete brake job. They charge hourly by the book not by what it actually takes to do the job.

I hate pep boys!

They tried to tell my wife (girlfriend at the time) that her starter and alternator was bad and needed replacing after her car died while driving down the freeway. Then tried to charge a core charge on the NEW alternator they replaced, and they where keeping the old one.

The service writers are idiots and don't care so I refuse to do business with anyone who has service writers and won't let me speak to the mechanic working on the car.

Quick Reply: Any experience with pepboys? sorry to bother lol