2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Evap Line Cap question

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Stuff105
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evap Line Cap question

I have a 97 Dodge Dak 5.2 and i noticed that the cap/vent on the evap line coming from the canister on the frame rail fell off while i must of been driving and tripped the sensor. I can't seem to find a replacement as i do not know what the real name for it is.. It is located right below the fire wall in the engine compartment. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:47 AM
New 2 Dodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would you be talking about the leak detection pump or the selnoid valve?

Old 05-14-2012, 10:09 AM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You should be able to find one at a junk yard or any generic cap will work on any vehichle. On our models the AC connectors are all the same size.. You have High Pressure Side (You never hook up too unless you know what your doing and have the correct Gauge) and low pressure side.. This is where you would hook up one of those refill cans too.

Both of those 2 connectors are the same size and you can rob any Car/Truck for it's cap.. they are universal size. Kinda like OBDII connector.. they are Industry Standard Size.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:17 PM
McNasy
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

below the fire wall or in front of the fire wall? big difference. take a pic if you can.

Quick Reply: Evap Line Cap question