2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Dakota V6 Shifting werid, Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Cameron Hill
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dakota V6 Shifting werid, Help!

Hey I have a 99 v6 2wd and it wont rev over 3500 rpm I can stop on the gas and thats as far as it gets then shifts I replaced the trans speed censor and had the same problem however if I unplug the speed censor it shifts normally for about a week then it wont shift at all and slips badly. Also, there were no codes, when I hooked it up at the auto parts store. It's got 104k On it and the Motor runs perfectly fine, ( could be a motor issue??? Unlikely) The tires might have something to do with it? They're 235 75 r15's The truck is rated for 215 75 r15's. I don't know if that would affect it or not.Now heres another thing when I unplug the TSC Everything in the truck works fine the Speedo The Tac, Everything Now i'm not to good with Transmissions but, if you unplug that thing should the Speedo stop responding aswell. Now I know theres an Input and and Out put TSC I replaced the output (Near the rear of the Transmission) And I also know theres a Censor on the Rear Axle. Should I replace all Three? I've messed around with the TV cable, but that doesn't change a thing when I have the TSC I'm not sure if It affects it when it's unplugged I haven't messed with it yet. I might try that. And see if it will shift out of 1st In a week or two.

Quick Reply: Dakota V6 Shifting werid, Help!