2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

New Dakota Owner - HELP with Dangling Cable Beneath Steering Column

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Jackstep0832
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had a remote start installed months ago, it was acting up so i took it back to the dealer and they fixed it. This morning i was cleaning the inside and noticed something similiar. I have a black wire dangling down (about 8-10 inches away from my break pedal). I just tucked it up out of the way, but it definitely seems to be connected to the remote start somehow. It leads up to a bunch of wires which are taped together. It does have at the end of it some sort of black button. I did not push it because i dont know what it is. Very strange that the dealer would just leave it hanging down that far, but i guess i could say im not shocked the dealer would be that clumsy. I assumed it had something to do with programming the remote start or was an antenna of some sort. I never noticed it before they had to fix it. I will definitely ask about it in a few weeks when i get an oil change.

Last edited by Jackstep0832; 07-15-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Quick Reply: New Dakota Owner - HELP with Dangling Cable Beneath Steering Column