2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Adding Fender Flares

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 05:50 PM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The whole reason why I want to add fender flares is to help cover my spots like those, ofcourse I will fix them but with the colour of my truck and the lack of edges to mask off paint on these trucks I just know that I wont be able to blend the paint very well.

Fender flares are a lot more expensive than I thought... Ive looked around at local ads and no one is selling, not to mention I went to the wrecker and only found 3 dakotas.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:46 PM
dirtbiker
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sxrsil3nt
The whole reason why I want to add fender flares is to help cover my spots like those, ofcourse I will fix them but with the colour of my truck and the lack of edges to mask off paint on these trucks I just know that I wont be able to blend the paint very well.

Fender flares are a lot more expensive than I thought... Ive looked around at local ads and no one is selling, not to mention I went to the wrecker and only found 3 dakotas.
Yeah, I'm undecided if I'm going to put them back on or not once I fix all the rust. If I do, I'm going to undercoat the crap out of behind where the flares go.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:41 AM
rpowell
Veteran

I think your truck would look good with them. I have the oem flares on mine and really like the way it complements the shape of the truck.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:39 PM
rwilhelms
Veteran

So this is a little off topic but does anyone know where to find oem replacement fender flares? Ive searched local junk yards, rock autos site, certi fits site without any luck. Even if I can find oem replacements are they going to cost more than the bushwacker flares? Im going to be getting new tires and rims towards the end of summer and thats why Id like the flares but the best price I've found on bushwackers is $330 That seems like a bit for a couple pieces of plastic.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:27 PM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker

@rwilheims

I'm in the same boat as you man, I can't believe they are this expensive. I've been looking around for weeks and I can't find anywhere to buy them - I was expecting them to be $50 ea and it turns out they are closer to $100 EACH!!

I haven't tried the dealer yet - im afraid to find out really.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:07 PM
rwilhelms
Veteran

I won't go to the stealership because I dont feel like getting bent over and taken advantage of. But if you do get a price from one let me know what they quote you. And there is a set of 4 on ebay right now for I think $170 shipped but theres a bunch of extra holes someone drilled for mounting them or something

Old 07-17-2012, 08:31 PM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker

Well Im Canadian so whatever I find on ebay would cost me an arm and a leg to get it shipped here but I'll call the dealer tomorrow and let ya know.

Quick Reply: Adding Fender Flares