2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

95-96 Dodge Dakota constant sporadic stalling

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Bleechmint
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95-96 Dodge Dakota constant sporadic stalling

Please help me! I have a 95 Dodge Dakota 2wd 3.9 6 cylinder automatic. It likes to stall at lights and occasionally not start at first. It always restarts after a couple minutes. Sometimes it backfires through the tailpipe, it has backfired through the throttle body. Sometimes it'll run real rough and other times it'll run like a top.

So far the P/O and I have replace the MAP sensor, upper O2 Sensor, Distributor, and I'm assuming cap, Wires, Plugs, Alternator, Battery, Thermostat, Temperature Sensor, PCV, and may other sensors. It also looks like they tested the lines to the PCM as well.

Any help that anyone could give me would very helpful as I'm at me whits end.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Bleechmint
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the only thing that I can find that's wrong with it is that the middle (B) connector on the PCM is loose. I looked it up and this connector drives all the injectors. So I taped a piece of paper to the inside of the cover to keep pressure on the connector and I'm hoping this is my solution. I'll give it a couple days and see if this is it. Otherwise it's back to the drawing board.

Quick Reply: 95-96 Dodge Dakota constant sporadic stalling