2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

03 Dakota window switch problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 02:32 AM
TrustInFew
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Dakota window switch problem

My passenger side window switch only works when it wants to, which is usually never. If I have a passenger with me, and they want the window down I usually have to roll it down with the driver side controlled. Could it be because the window lock switch is completely missing. Or does the problem lie else where?

Old 07-22-2012, 03:23 AM
olsarge
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The switches tend to get dirty or cracked. You can try cleaning it but you will probably have to replace it.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:07 PM
jpayne80
Professional

I could only roll down the windows from the driver's controls. I went to the junk yard and replaced the driver's contol switches. It seems most window problems stem from that master control unit.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:57 PM
jules

Is the lock switch button missing or just not there at all? I had a similar problem. Besides the drivers window, sometimes you could open the other windows and sometimes not. I ended up jumpering out the lock switch and they've all worked ever since. I never use that lock switch anyway. Do a search, there's a write-up. That's how I found it. A couple of wire taps and a 6" length of wire and your done.

Quick Reply: 03 Dakota window switch problem