2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Catalytic Exhaust help needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 03:58 PM
teasley
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catalytic Exhaust help needed

I'm new to the Dodge world and this forum, but very pleased with everything I've learned so far. I recently bought a 01 QC 4x4 4.7l. I got a great deal on it since it needed some TLC.
It had an exhaust leak at the manifold thanks to broken bolts, and 3 o2 sensors throwing codes. I fixed the leak and put in new sensors, then I got a new CEL code P0432 Catalyst efficiency low-bank 2.
Here is my question:
1) Can I replace just that cat? If so does anyone know the part number to a highflow? or am I stuck buying the entire new assembly with the three units on it, which I don't need since I live in TN.
2) Since it has 3 cats on it, Can I just bust out the front two cats and put my o2 sensors in the non-fouler? Will that pass emissions? Will that negatively effect MPG?

I'm open to other suggestions, but am on a tight budget. My wife wants me to spend as little as possible. I found a Catco direct replacement for $260 shipped.

Thanks!

Nic

Old 08-06-2012, 01:32 PM
teasley
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or does someone have the part number for a single cat that fits the the bank 2 side?

Quick Reply: Catalytic Exhaust help needed