2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Does anyone here have Directechs.com access?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 01:58 PM
johndcarter1981
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone here have Directechs.com access?

I am a remote start installer at an audio shop and we lost access to Directechs.com because we no longer carry Viper/DEI products. I saved a Viper 5902 to install into my 01 Dakota Quadcab.

I have everything installed and working properly, I just need to know what wire/location and what polarity the rear defrost system is. i.e. (+ latched) (- pulsed) and so on. I sifted through the service manual and couldn't find anything that stated it in my language.

Directechs.com seems to be the only resource that speaks Viper and cannot find the info anywhere else. I tried Bulldog security, the12volt, Installdoctor, and so on. If anyone has access to or knows someone that has access to Directechs, the info would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:31 AM
New 2 Dodge
Professional

I bought a "Ready Remote" starter from DEI and I believe I have access to the site. I will look into it and get back to you - I bought the starter a year ago and am just getting around to looking at the install (I have never attempted). Maybe you can help me. I only have one grey key and I need an immobilizer bypass. I was told I can get one that doesn't require an additional key but I am not sure where I can get one. Can you help me out?

Old 10-08-2012, 10:55 PM
johndcarter1981

What year is your truck? You will need an immobilizer bypass if your truck has the gray key and factory security. A lot of the bypasses out there will do door locks, brake status, and hoodpin status also.

The one my company uses is the DB-ALL from www.xpresskit.com. Xpresskit is owned by DEI (just like 90% of the remote start companies out there) and I believe you could order one directly from them.

I know the install sheets and firmware are available from them without a log-in, but I'm not sure if you would be able to "flash" the module to your truck. The "flashing" involves a brand specific USB cord. If you get your hands on one and get it flashed you can install it fairly easily and then program it to your truck.

I know Best Buy carries immobilizer bypasses, and the ones with install shops have the ability to flash them for you. Whether or not they will do that is another story. The one in my town does for me when I need it but I am good friends with the guy who works there.

Quick Reply: Does anyone here have Directechs.com access?