2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Catalytic converter opinion. Magnaflow vs. Spintech vs. Any Others?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 11:13 AM
rwilhelms
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Catalytic converter opinion. Magnaflow vs. Spintech vs. Any Others?

I'm going to be getting some money back from my tuition reimbursement at work come December and I'm starting to plan what to buy myself for a Christmas/graduation present. I would like to buy a good high flow catalytic converter. I've done lots of searching around the forum here and Google and everything I read said to either go with the magnaflow high flow from jegs or a spintech from their website. I saw good and bad reviews on both and was wondering if anyone on here had an opinion to throw in? Anyone suggest another brand? At the moment I leaning towards the the magnaflow just because of the price.

I would like to just remove the cat all together but I don't want to worry about poor performance from trying to fool the O2 sensor and if I would take it to a mechanic for something I was told that they legally can't work on it because of not having a cat.

Also is there a difference between a spun cat and a regular one besides the looks?

Old 10-12-2012, 11:09 AM
b1llyw
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have run numerous Magnaflow, regular cats without an issue or failure. Good price, can't go wrong, IMHO.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:18 PM
crateampsrock
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Magnaflows are junk... sorry... Im a technician for Midas in texas... Ive had alot of good luck with napa's new line of converters... good prices and good performance...

Quick Reply: Catalytic converter opinion. Magnaflow vs. Spintech vs. Any Others?