2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Need for speed

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 01:11 AM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Need for speed

So I adjusted my TV Cable not to long ago.. I pulled the butterfly all the way WOT. Pulled on the cable all the way till the cable stopped.. then let it in about 2 "lines" if you can understand what I'm trying to say and your familiar with the modification.

First let's say that I'm really impressed by the way 1st gear holds.. sounds like a hoped up hot rod in a low gear holding the RPM longer.. -Love it.

Secondly.. I do alot of short runs to the store and back.. Truck hardly gets warmed up.. and average MPG is around 10.1, now it's up 12.4 thats a great increase!!!

Does shift a little harder.. but it's ok.. Need to replace my U Joint anyways.. there is a 'dud' sometimes. But when she shifts you can feel the power kicking through to the next gear instead of bogging down like the truck does not have a pair.

RPM holds a little longer.. shift points increased about 3 miles higher.. and OD kicks in about 47-48ish.. sometimes it actually holds out till 50-55.. MUCH BETTER!

WOT.. Lets say that it seems this mod has more affect at lower RPM.. to mid RPM.. not at mid-up to WOT.. like the Guide says but.. at WOT.. Watch out.

However... the few time's i did take her out WOT>. she's a beast.. but was really odd.. I'm hitting WOT>. she shifts through 1,2,3 and then boom.. out of no where it's like passing gear drops in and she downshifts back into the previous gear and just like someone turned on boost or something.

I accelerated and i was hitting 80mph from almost a dead stop in no time.. was a great improvement.

I kid you not.

Just want to know if this sounds normal.. anyone else notice this? (The dropping down gear when WOT with this modification like someone kicked boost in. )
So far this is a great 'free' mod.. the best mod I have done yet.. with the best results.

Thanks!

Last edited by jondakotaguy; 10-13-2012 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-13-2012, 01:50 AM
Dakota Steve
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you tell me more about the mod? I've never heard of it!

Old 10-13-2012, 10:09 AM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You can read it here; since I cant find it in the FAQ section or DIY section. Here is an external link.

http://bionicdodge.com/Download/Dodg...Adjustment.pdf

Quick Reply: Need for speed