2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Factory Rid Height front

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 06:56 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Factory Rid Height front

Search box does not seem to be working atm or I'm just really tired..

Whats the exact factory Ride Hight of the front end on a 97 Daktoa SLT Club Cab 4x4?

I'm going for alignment and incase the idiots cant do it right im going to have them adjust the tors. bars and do it again to see if it fixes my tire wear/alignment issue.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:50 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine at stock was at 35in from ground to fender but that is all gonna depend. engine and miles. Truck with a v8 and a lot of miles is gonna sit a little bit lower. Also tire size is a factor too. From level take off about 1.5in or so thats about how they are. Have you taken it to a different alignment place? I never had a problem with mine. When I got mine done they gave me a print out of before and after how much it was off.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:52 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Lightbulb

I would just pick a height that looks the best to you personally… usually the back is higher than the front for hauling because whatever you may be hauling will drop the rear down but if you never haul anything then having the back and front equal may work better and look better it depends on how you use your Dakota.

It also depends on if you 4X4 all the time or haul a trailer a lot or just drive with nothing attached to the back or in the bed.

So pick what you want from your Dakota and get it aligned with that set idea whatever you picked as the norm for you.

Quick Reply: Factory Rid Height front