2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2001 dakota. A/C only blows on full blast and my drivers side floor is constantly wet

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 02:02 PM
oblio
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 dakota. A/C only blows on full blast and my drivers side floor is constantly wet

THe title is pretty self explanatory. My ac will only blow if the know is on the highest setting. Also my drivers side floorboards are allways wet. I live in GA and it is summer right now and i will leave my window open all day to try and let it dry out but it still stays wet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My truck is a 2001 dakota 4.7 V8 4x4

Old 06-06-2013, 03:16 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 169 Likes on 154 Posts

1. blower motor resistor (may need to replace the pigtail if melted, and it probably is)

2. Heater core may be cracked/leaking. Is it warm water (engine coolant) or cool water (condensate)?

Old 06-06-2013, 04:08 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

As long as you have high say thanks for that.

The wet floor could be two things easy to check well should be

First check to see if its coolant green in color unless you use only water that is it should smell like coolant also.

Second is its probably a leak from the drip line look to see inside your engine bay if your drip tube has an elbow facing down if no drip elbow that's the problem a missing elbow. What happens is as the water drips out if no elbow it will tend to get sucked back into the cab you need the rubber elbow.

Do a forum search on this lots of posts on this problem many have Pic's with them on the elbow fix/fix's

If coolant well you know what comes next

Fan problem could be the resistor pack easy check

Quick Reply: 2001 dakota. A/C only blows on full blast and my drivers side floor is constantly wet