2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Falken A/T tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 02:37 PM
DK Pony
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Falken A/T tires *updated with pics*

I just put a set of Falken Wildpeak AT's on my 03 Dakota QC 4X4 4.7 Auto.

I don't know if anyone has run these but so far I think they are awesome. I have only had them on since yesterday and have managed to put 50 miles on them. But the look and ride is very nice.
$650.00 Out the door. 265/70/16's
I don't know how they will hold up and can't comment on traction and all that yet, but I like them at this point.
I had done a lot of research on the Cooper AT3's and always found comparisons between them and the Falkens.
Locally it is hard to find the Coopers without ordering them.

Please excuse the missing center cap. just lost it a couple weeks ago.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
File Type: jpg

Last edited by DK Pony; 12-14-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:48 AM
DK Pony
Professional

***update***

I have gotten about 500 miles on these tires so far now.
These are very quiet. I expected to hear at least a little road noise, but there is no noise whatsoever.
Very smooth. They balanced with minimum weight on all four corners.
The truck feels much "tighter". My old tires had sort of a mushy feeling. Probably a lot of flex in the sidewalls. The Falkens appear to have stiffer sidewalls which results in a slightly stiff ride. But the truck just feels more planted and handles better. I had considered replacing my shocks but now I realize it was the tires.

Last edited by DK Pony; 12-14-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Vladek
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i put the same tire on my truck 31/10.50r15. and they nice. even after having them on for 8 months. with a 160 round trip 5 days a week.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:32 AM
cmikolajczyk
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have them on my durango, about 10,000 miles on them now. I have yet to get stuck in sand with them. I could bury it bumper deep in 2wd, pop in 4wd and walk it out. Best dual purpose tires I've had. They work great for not being blocky A/T's.

I've yet to have a whole lot of fun in mud, but I've yet to have any real trouble. They've been a lot better then I ever could've imagined, and they've been good on gas mileage. I'm currently averaging 16-17 mpg on my 1998 5.9L 4x4. I would like some better traction tires, but I don't want to lose the smooth ride or mileage I'm getting. 5 out of 5 rating for me.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:20 AM
DK Pony
Professional

Thanks guys. I am feeling a whole lot better about my purchase.
I was really skeptical about the tires at first. I'd never known anyone with Falkens but I read a lot of reviews and most people seemed happy with them.
I had a chance to review MPG numbers and so far I have seen a slight improvement. I went from 18 to 20 mpg. Now that's a nice little bonus.
It has rained the last couple of days and the tires feel great in the rain. I can't say anything about snow yet, but give it time.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:03 AM
daksnbeers
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dad had a bad experience with falkens on his 03 ranger edge 2wd. Although he didn't have the ats and I dont remember the exact ones he had. He went through two sets in about 40k miles. They wore horribly. He had new shocks put on and an alignment done from a shop he's used before. I dont think it was a bad alignment. Never personally heard of any other accounts with falkens except on drift cars and their tires won't last anyway lol. I'm running Yokohama geolander at/s right now. Got about 4k on them. A big improvement over the off brand tires that were on my truck from the previous owner. A stiffer tire so it feels more truck like. A buddy of my dads had them on a Tacoma and got about 90k out of them replacing them with a set of the same tires. My truck is a 2wd but I like the rugged look of a at tire and live in florida so it helps with sand.

Quick Reply: Falken A/T tires