2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

1/4 times? Supercharged r/t dakota help

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 04:49 AM
devildevil
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4 times? Supercharged r/t dakota help

wondering what people run w/ their dakota r/t's in the 1/4 mile? i currently own an audi but am selling it and am not quite sure if i want to buy an srt 4 or a dakota r/t.... i NEED forced induction so i'd supercharge the kota if that's what i got(vortech kit?)... i have wanted to build a vehicle to race my brother's 400hp nova yet keep it daily driver. i love the whole "sleeper" thing. just curious if this is the route i should go or if i should track down an srt(i know the srt isn't so sleeper but it CAN be w/ a few ext. mods). it would be extremely nice to be able to haul my wheeler whenever i needed to w/ the dakota... let me know your opions, thanks for the help!!! [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 10-12-2005, 11:21 AM
ultimateanswer
Rookie
Default RE: 1/4 times? Supercharged r/t dakota help

13.5xx With a head wind at Thunder Valley,OK. With out forced induction. However I have probably spent a lot more money than I should have..........Never mind, the corvettes don't like me in my neighborhood.

Old 10-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Shenanigans Pres

friend here in town has 4.7 supercharged and it ran like 13.0 before he finally bent a few valves....

Old 10-17-2005, 09:34 PM
Black R/T

i dont know about mine personally but i did read a thread either here or at moparchat.com, that had a time for a 99 R/T, s.charged w/ 2.02 heads, 53mm TB, headers and a few other things. he ran 11.XX, high elevens, id be lying if i gave an exact number. the time slip said he was at 90mph at his 1/8 split and 120 for his 1/4. i cant wait to feel THAT.

Old 10-19-2005, 05:16 PM
SinCity R/T
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A Dakota R/T with a supercharger and a handful of bolt-ons will typically run high 12's in the quarter mile. There are a number of trucks in the 11's but it wasn't as simple as slapping on the blower and a part or two. The SRT-4 will be faster out of the box and the Stage III w/Turbo Toys package can give it some really good oomph, but at the end of the day you're still driving a neon.

Old 10-20-2005, 02:49 PM
zinnmaster

As for your suppercharger look in to a procharger or paxton(wich i think they joined with vortech now) procharger is what i went with. they told me i should see about a 55 - 60% horsepower increase, i dinoed it with only about a 40% increase. I called procharger and they came down to the shop that i was at and helped me out. They messed with a few things, im not sure exactally what they did. i do know that they messed with my injecters, and a few other minnor things. by the end of the day i was at about a 58% increase. They only charged me 50 bux to do all that. So i have high recomindations for procharger.

Old 10-23-2005, 08:32 PM
Black R/T

ok sorry a few mistakes on the mods i gave for the 11.62 quarter by the dak rt. Paxton Novi-2000, 2.02 heads, a/w intercooler, 58mm tb, 4bbl M1, 1.7 rr's, headers, 2.5" true dual exhaust, built tranny w/2800 stall, full set of Bogarts w/ 28x13.50 Hoosier QTP's. is the exact deal. check it out in the dodge timeslips. oh and it was an 02.

Quick Reply: 1/4 times? Supercharged r/t dakota help