2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

1.5 body lift

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 04:14 AM
vtlogger
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW!!! thats not what i was thinking it would be..but i get it..does anyone know if they make one for 2" or 1.5" .. do i need one?? where can i get one??

Old 04-07-2014, 08:27 AM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the steering extension does is join the top of the lower shaft (bottom right) in which the top of the Christmas tree fits into the hole that you can see.

The hole portion (bottom of the Christmas tree) then holds the upper shaft in place.

There's nothing special about it, its pretty much a big steel block that connects the upper and lower steering shafts.

As per acquiring one - I know summit racing will sometimes carry spare parts for kits and the only thing I can find for this kit the bumper brackets.

Note that the picture is actually for the old steering box style (97-99 as it says in the pic). I couldn't find one for the rack and pinion models (00+) but its essentially the same place where the steering extension goes.

Old 04-08-2014, 04:11 AM
vtlogger
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so can anyone tell me if i need one if i only go with an 1.5 body lift?? or is there enough "slide" in the steering shaft to make up what i need?? i checked with some of the lift company's and all they have is 3" kit's... one told me if i used an extension with only 1.5 that the shaft would not fit but couldn't tell me i could get away with out one....and while i'm at it...what about the shifted extension?? need??

Quick Reply: 1.5 body lift