2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

missing door lock cylinder switch

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 03:07 PM
hoggertp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default missing door lock cylinder switch

I have a 2003 dodge Dakota 4 door 3.9l 4X4. The door locks continue to cycle which is causing the battery to run down, etc. After reading the forum and learning about TSB 08-023-03 I went and purchased both the driver and passenger door lock cylinder switches. Pic 1-cable. When I removed the drivers door panel to gain access I could not find the original cable. I can see where and how it would attach to the end of the lock cylinder but can find no other connector for the other end within the door panel. Pic 2-lock cylinder. Pic 3 ..cable to door latch. This is referenced in another diagram as a driver door key cylinder switch but it is no where near the lock and it connects to the door latch. Cable has a number on it 5604-9509. Assume in pic 4 the connector with the green wires is for a tweeter. The build date pic-5 is 10-02. Can anyone help me resolve this issue. Thanks. Terry

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1979.jpg (96.6 KB, 7 views)
IMG_1975.jpg (79.0 KB, 5 views)
IMG_1976.jpg (90.1 KB, 7 views)
IMG_1977.jpg (87.2 KB, 5 views)
IMG_1980.jpg (80.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-08-2014, 03:42 PM
hoggertp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Follow up---just talked to local dealer and this vehicle was not equipped with the parts outlined in the TSB...go figure...should have given them the VIN when I was researching dealership costs...before going out and purchasing the 2 cables online at a much discounted price. At least I would have been able to return them. But if anyone has any ideas how to diagnose would appreciate it. May be as simple as a ground, etc. Thanks.

Quick Reply: missing door lock cylinder switch