2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Magnum Throttle Bodies

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 03:09 PM
clutcher18
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Magnum Throttle Bodies

I have been looking for replacement screws for my throttle body on my 5.2. i have been to a few of the local junk yards and noticed alot of the dodge engines with the keg type intake. the throttle bodies on them look the same, are they? Most of the junk yards want you to buy the whole throttle body, Or should i just get a Big Gulp from Hughes Engines.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:17 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The V8 holly's are.. but the V6 is not, the bore is different size.. most ppl upgrade their V6 to v8 so for yoru 5.2 you need to be sure its the right one.

AS far as your other question.. i just cut off the air horns on mine.. there is such as thing as sucking too much air.. with out having the right engine work to compensate fo rit.. it causes the engine to lag.. thats what happend to me with an open air filter.. at WOT and higher RPM it was great but for normal driving and getting up and moving not so much..

Cutting the air horns off really helps MPG a tad I seen a +.5-1mpg increase and response on the freeway and WOT is slightly better.

Quick Reply: Magnum Throttle Bodies