2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Front End Pull

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 10:37 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Cool

Don't forget all OEM tires that come on autos are garbage and never last long you just know they will only give you 2 or 3 years at best and they always suck.

So don't judge a tire company by OEM tires

I have had good luck with a few Goodyear tires that I owned

OEM tires are low grade thin tires usually not always but usually part of the upsell so they can make a few hundred more off you.

Old 03-14-2015, 10:31 AM
patchelect
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OEM tires are on the vehicle so they manufacturer can claim certain fuel economy numbers and also to keep the rims from getting scratched up as well.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:10 AM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The duratracs on my truck even considering the slight wear on otter edge from alignment issue that i solved right as they were semi new; didn't like wet anything unless it was a pond of muck.. tires seemed to wear down like cake at a BBW convention... thought they had some amazing traction for being all terrain.. They only had about 26K miles on them but were rated for much more.. i was already almost down to the markers and i hardly ever drive this truck and kept up with rotation. I'm not sure I'd ever use them again.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:57 AM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 386 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by jondakotaguy
tires seemed to wear down like cake at a BBW convention...

HEHE!.... Jon, you were in attendance? I'm getting worried about you.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:24 PM
lambs
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had Goodyear "Integrity" tires on my Highlander. One of them blew the sidewall out at 29k. So much for integrity. I replaced the whole set with Michelin LTX. I put 108k on them and they still had some tread on them when I bought another set of them.

Unfortunately at the time I bought my Dakota ('97 Sport), Michelin did not make an LTX in the size I needed. I'm running Uniroyal Laredo on it and have no complaints so far.

Quick Reply: Front End Pull