2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

convience console install

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 03:20 PM
kylem98045
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default convience console install

Hi all,
I recently installed a convience console in my 04 Dakota. I used a console from a 02 or 03 Durango which has the same connections and number of wires on it. Had to make the wiring connections myself but pretty straightforward if you have the schematics. Everything works except for the ambient temperature guage. According to the schematics the temp sensor at the right side of the radiator goes to the AC/heater control in the dash. Then the signal is sent via PCI to the console. I ohmed out the wiring and everything appears connected. I know the PCI connection is working as I have the Miles to empty, mileage, etc working. Is there a trick for doing this temperature part or do you think there may be a compatibility problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 10-29-2005, 04:41 PM
Marko
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: convience console install

I have an 02 dakota quad cab bought the digital console for an 02 on ebay. I hooked up with a guy who makes the wiring harnesses for these consoles. I have the wiring diagram for this. I also had to install the ambient temp sensor. Everything works great. Send me a PM and I'll get you a copy of the wiring diagram.

Mark

Quick Reply: convience console install