2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Club cab rear windows adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 12:37 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Club cab rear windows adjustment?

On the Club cab rear side windows; is there any adjustment at all on them to make them close a little tighter on the seal?

When you close them even with bran new seals they get tight for a second nice on the seal but once the latch locks in it comes back out a hair..

I noticed moisture build up between the seal and window though it was not running in.. i got a fealing its going to once the seals start to age..

SO any way to adjust? I cant find anything.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:58 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

My guess is either the latch has bent or stretched some I'm not familiar with them.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:57 AM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I cant say for sure both are exactly the same.. it was leaking (visible water marks down the window) and could find wetness shining during a rain.. now its not just down on the bottom side its clearly visible there is water there between the seal and window and its even more evident if you press the window compressing the seal you can see the water more.. its not quite enough to get in the cab (yet?)

I installed both the same way.. the part that comes together is in the middle bottom of the window.

both latches are screwed down tight.. other than putting some washers on it force it to be brought in slightly more.. ?

Quick Reply: Club cab rear windows adjustment?