2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Replacing the clutch

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 10:03 AM
SeanF
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing the clutch

Hi:

I have a 2004 Dodge Dakota with 106,000 miles and aa manual transmission. The clutch is making a lot of loud chatter and occasionally, When I am shifting, when I shift I hear her roar, the shift is hard and I need to double clutch. Sounds like I need a new clutch. I have done a fair bit of work on cars myself but I have never replaced a clutch. How complicated is that on this truck? How accessible is it? I had the oil pan roof replaced a year or so ago and the mechanic said he had to take part of the frame off to get to the oil inaccessible as well?.

Does anybody know a good reference or perhaps video which shows how to replace this clutch?

Thank you

Old 08-23-2015, 12:12 PM
phillip123hastings
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesn't necessarily mean that is going to be difficult.
But if you never have done this type of stuff before make sure you have all the tools you need, some knowledge and someone who knows a bit more beside you.
It may be better to take it to a shop, they already have the knowledge and tools and will fix it in a day. But maybe you want to learn how to do it by yourself.
Well its up to you.
But maybe this can be of a little help, if you want to do it on your own.
http://diy-auto-repair.wonderhowto.c...-truck-244159/

Last edited by phillip123hastings; 08-23-2015 at 12:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Replacing the clutch