2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Dropped truck off jack, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 07:20 PM
PatrickThomas72
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropped truck off jack, need help!

got a 98 Dakota 3.9 with a reading cap on it. Dropped it off the jack putting the spare on. Noticed the control cable on the brake drum snapped off. I’ve since replaced that but it feels like I’m dragging a wheel and the entire truck grumbles now. Any idea on what you think needs to be replaced? Do I need a new brake drum? If so can I buy a single or do I need a pair?

Old 04-08-2018, 11:46 AM
dalewpitt
Amateur

I always believed of "if you do one side you should do the other too" when it comes to wheel/Brakes/etc but yes you can just replace one rear drum . . IMHO. I would have that whole side ck'd by a mechanic if I were you however. I would absolutely have the all the bearings ck'd Wheel bearings . . Axel bearings. . . the Axel could even be bent.

It might cost you a few dollars to have it checked out but it'll save you big bucks if you find somethings wrong and fix it now.

Old 04-08-2018, 11:53 AM
dalewpitt
Amateur

P.S.

I meant have the wheel that dropped inspected not the whole side. Just to clarify

Quick Reply: Dropped truck off jack, need help!