2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

New to the community and looking for performance advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 09:52 PM
Flocker Bocker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post New to the community and looking for performance advice

So I have recently purchased a 99 dakota 5.2L 4x4 from an old farmer that no longer needed it ($500), and am wanting it to be my "forever" truck (or really long time loved truck). I just rolled the bottom of the bed as well as the bed itself with Herculiner, did the "Big 3" upgrade, installed a 240 amp alternator, killer stereo system, and am looking to start doing some of the performance upgrades. In ex. distributor, plugs, wires, ignition coil, cold air intake, fuel system upgrade, so on and so on. This would be my first time doing this to any vehicle so I am completely lost researching products I find on CarID.com. From what I can tell MSD, Taylor, and Accel are the only "performance" names that have meaning that I can find. This truck will be my daily driver not like a racer or anything, but I would love to have the performance out of the truck.

Old 05-16-2018, 11:58 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

Read the stickied DIY thread. It has ALOT of information. You can also look through Tom'a build thread (stickied) and my build thread for inspiration.

Quick Reply: New to the community and looking for performance advice