2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

got a 2nd gen

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 09:27 AM
djacobson
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got a 2nd gen

Ive been looking for a mid size truck for a few months. The Dakota seemed to catch my eye. Looked at a few within my 10,000 budget. Most were rusty or smelled like an ashtray with 150,000 miles. I found and 01 at a dealer 92000 miles.Black sport 4x4 4.7 engine .No rust. Smelled ok inside. New tires. Downfall is the clear coat is peeling on the roof and some on the hood. $6900 asking price. Muffler bad needs new shocks in the rear. Got them down to $6600 so I took it. Going to change some fluids. Spark plugs of course. It seems to crank a little longer than I would like at startup.Hopefully plugs will help that. Suggestions on what else I could or should do? Not looking to do much for mods. I just want a good solid Dakota and I think (hope) I found one.
One bad (or good) depending on your point of view there was a 08 Sebring convertible on the lot. Looked brand new $9800. The wife was with she really wanted a convertible so $9300 and we got 2 vehicles.

Quick Reply: got a 2nd gen