2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Torsion Bar Key Bolt Bearing Info

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 06:42 PM
rsgriffith04
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torsion Bar Key Bolt Bearing Info

2003 Q-Cab 4x4 4.7

Installing key lift. The old keys are rusted up and can’t get the adjustment bolt broke loose. Even carried it to the truck accessory shop and they couldn’t get it either.

May wind up just torching or grinding the bolt head off. I have a source for the adjustment bolts but after looking at the drawing it also shows a bearing which has been discontinued. It’s probably just a standard size but not really sure. The local dodge dealership wasn’t any help with dimensions on it. It’s Mopar part# 4014100 item #12 on the attached image.

Does anyone have any info on it? Input welcome!!

thanks

Old 03-04-2019, 03:48 PM
Azboyinmi
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Find a way to get the bearing out without too much damage.
use a micrometers and calipers to get measurements.
Call timken or any other good bearing company with the measurements and see if they have something with the right dimensions.
You'd be surprised how many bearings are out there for other vehicles that no one knows are the same sizes as another bearing for another vehicle

Old 03-04-2019, 04:29 PM
rsgriffith04
Amateur
Default Reply

Originally Posted by Azboyinmi
Find a way to get the bearing out without too much damage.
use a micrometers and calipers to get measurements.
Call timken or any other good bearing company with the measurements and see if they have something with the right dimensions.
You'd be surprised how many bearings are out there for other vehicles that no one knows are the same sizes as another bearing for another vehicle
The drawing called it a bearing but it really just an oversized fat washer. It didn’t even resemble a bearing. Got one side done over the weekend, will get the other on next weekend.

Thanks for the reply.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:43 PM
Chris Clubb

Did you end up replacing the bearing/washer? If so what did you use? I'm hunting one down myself.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:38 PM
rsgriffith04
Amateur

Originally Posted by Chris Clubb
Did you end up replacing the bearing/washer? If so what did you use? I'm hunting one down myself.
It was still in decent shape so I reused it. Good luck with the key change out if that’s what you are doing. With no more lift than what I got out of it if I had to do it over again I probably wouldn’t do it. Didn’t get much more out of than my stock keys.

Quick Reply: Torsion Bar Key Bolt Bearing Info