DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Dakota Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-dakota-tech-67/)
-   -   02 Dakota 4.7 misfire chase PLEASE HELP!!!!!! (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-dakota-tech/421984-02-dakota-4-7-misfire-chase-please-help.html)

Addison Funtimes 03-12-2019 07:18 PM

02 Dakota 4.7 misfire chase PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

2002 dodge Dakota 4.7 4x4 sport.
I was driving perfect no lights like a top
Stopped got coffee got back in and sputter sputter
wtf
Three shops later and a month later its in my driveway with no answers.
the front four cylinders do not respond when power is removed from coils.....when I say front four I mean front four....thats cylinders 1234 2 on the right bank and 2 on the left.....the rear four 5678 respond and run like they should.
I have scoped scoped nook and cranny
here is what I have done
all valves checked clean and seats checked
all springs are good
Cams are within within .003
HERE IS WHAT IVE REPLACED WITH ALL MOPAR PARTS
WAY MORE MONEY SPENT THEN TRUCK IS WORTH

New computer twice programed by dodge dealer 2 times
New valve lifters
new rockers
New coils
New plugs
New injectors
new fuel rail
New intake manifold
new timing chains gears guides and tensioners
new gaskets
New oil pump
New oil sending unit

98DAKAZ 03-13-2019 05:43 AM

Who decided all these things needed replacing? A shop a Dealership?

The way you describe how it happened I would say a wiring problem. But I don't know much about the 4.7 or 3.7.

Addison Funtimes 03-13-2019 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by 98DAKAZ (Post 3432088)
Who decided all these things needed replacing? A shop a Dealership?

The way you describe how it happened I would say a wiring problem. But I don't know much about the 4.7 or 3.7.

ase certified mechanic on every one. Dealer here charges 135 hr for diagnostic. After 800 there with no answers it went to a shop. A few things there with no change to another shop who said they didnt wanna spend anymore time trying to figure it out. Now it's at my house and I have been working with my buddy who is the lead tech at the dodge dealer trying to figure it out. Has been down sense jan

Dodgevity 03-13-2019 09:56 AM

Was the crankshaft position sensor ever changed?

Addison Funtimes 03-13-2019 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Dodgevity (Post 3432105)
Was the crankshaft position sensor ever changed?

no but the reason being is that the dealer had said that they were able to sync it but I have been thinking about it I just dont wanna keep chasing my tail in this

98DAKAZ 03-13-2019 10:56 AM

Where are you located state/city?

A good tech should find your problem those other tech's were guessing.

Dodgevity 03-13-2019 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Addison Funtimes (Post 3432107)
no but the reason being is that the dealer had said that they were able to sync it but I have been thinking about it I just dont wanna keep chasing my tail in this

Order a mopar sensor locally, that way you can return it if it doesn't work. If I'm throwing parts at something, that's what I'd do. Take em back.

Addison Funtimes 03-13-2019 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by 98DAKAZ (Post 3432114)
Where are you located state/city?

A good tech should find your problem those other tech's were guessing.

kenosha wi

Addison Funtimes 03-13-2019 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Addison Funtimes (Post 3432130)
kenosha wi

here is the thing everything mechanical has been checked by shops and I even torn it back apart and scoped everything all the valves are clean and the valve seats are gooarand functioning the timing is dead on oil system is functioning properly. All the coils have not only been swapped around but this is the second set of new coils and injectors from mopar just to be safe. All the signals are at the plugs and injectors. There has to be a common wire or something for just those front 4 cylinders

HeyYou 03-13-2019 06:44 PM

Think I would look at the power feed for the injectors/coils. if it is even slightly marginal, it'll give ya headaches.