2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Fun in the snow!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 03:27 PM
BigE
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fun in the snow!

Screw you and your snow! I cried when I drove my 2003 std cab R/T to the dealer to trade it in for a SRT-4. I drove the truck for two winters and couldn't do it again! I loved that truck, and it will be missed more than any other vehicle I've ever owned. Snowing right now in D-town, not looking forword driving home in the 4+ inches of the crap we just got this morning...

Old 12-24-2005, 02:52 AM
titan2087
Veteran

lol awhhh snow so much funn... Till you get them dam kids out there in there ricers trying to have fun as well and i geuss they do for a split second until they take there first corner and spin out into a ditch or a telephone pole...lol that and haveing to clean the truck eating salt off sigh... salt sniffles...

Old 12-24-2005, 05:18 AM
dakotaboy

ORIGINAL: titan2087

lol awhhh snow so much funn... Till you get them dam kids out there in there ricers trying to have fun as well and i geuss they do for a split second until they take there first corner and spin out into a ditch or a telephone pole...lol that and haveing to clean the truck eating salt off sigh... salt sniffles...

i agree....nothing like a good laugh at those fools driving around in their riced-out cars with their horrible sounding fart-can exhaust mufflers getting stuck in the snow! LOFL what make me smile is flying past them on the road in my dakota with the glasspacks roaring!!! gotta love v8's!!!!

Old 12-26-2005, 01:24 PM
hal0n

ORIGINAL: dakotaboy

i agree....nothing like a good laugh at those fools driving around in their riced-out cars with their horrible sounding fart-can exhaust mufflers getting stuck in the snow! LOFL what make me smile is flying past them on the road in my dakota with the glasspacks roaring!!! gotta love v8's!!!!
right.... around here (michigan) you see a lot more trucks in the ditch.

we just got 10"s the other day and i parked the truck. it's just nowhere near the fun of my audi wagon. the wagon has all wheel drive with electronic locking front and rear diffs.... oh, yeah... and it has a turbo. it really could use a better skid plate, but there's no time for that now... i have some more tuning to do on the ecu (megasquirt) before the ice racing season starts.

Old 12-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Muy_Pyro
Professional

Quick Story:

Doing some holiday shopping just before Christmas, I stopped in at the local Best Buy. Of course the stores a mad-house, and the parking lot is just that much worse (people just don't know how to drive). So my buddy and I get our shopping done and get ready to leave and the entire stinking parking lot is bumper to bumper as well as the main road leading in and out. So as I go around the back, I noticed an undeveloped field that looks as though the construction crew (who had recently developed the plaza) were using. So I decided I'd go off roading thru the middle of Flint during the holiday shopping. So I shift into 4-wheel drive and start blazing a trail thru a pretty snowy/icy/muddy field.... Pretty fun stuff. Then I notice some Soccer mom in her Suburban is following suit. So I'm thinking that's cool, she'll make it no problem... We go down a hill, thru a big muddy icy puddle and climb up the other icy/muddy side and that's when I noticed all the other chuckle heads trying to follow in their Grand Am's and Civic's ... [sm=signs003.gif]. As I exited to the back road I noticed in my rear-view mirror that the trailing Suburban made it thru, but there seemed to be a traffic back-up at the big puddle ... Hrmmm, Go figure. Maybe they can all chip in for the towing service?

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 12-27-2005, 07:57 AM
Kane_Kowalski

Yeah Trucks'N'Snow,

Finally, we also have snow in Germany and I've been out 4 a ride with my Dakota...it was awesome to ride across snow-covered fields and parking lots

I hope my picture is also available

[IMG]local://upfiles/23289/BC62EF61C4EC4782BCAAAF2D493E974A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-31-2005, 09:47 PM
fireman88

ya Im here in iowa and the snow just melted but when it was here we had a blast! took my 88 fiero hood and pulled it behind my truck b/c all the other trucks couldent do it we all looked like a bunch of red necks! ya and i never put it in 4x4 it was nice~

Quick Reply: Fun in the snow!