2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Gov Pres Solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 09:07 PM
zephyer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gov Pres Solenoid

Hello Everyone:
1998 Dakota 3.9, Reg Cab, SLT, 42RE, 200K miles

Problem 1:
I installed Governor Pressure Solenoid and now I am getting a P1762 code.
I have seen the Cascade video about the problems with this larger GP solenoid and the groove.
I used the groove as instructed in the video. I do not think it is a problem using the wrong groove.
I noticed on install that the electrical clip would not seat/mate with the new solenoid’s electrical clip so I turned the electrical clip so that it had the tab you pry a bit for release turned down where it faces the housing; it clicked in place. The old solenoid when connected had the tab facing up where you could see it. This could have reversed the wiring. I could not get them to engage the other way. As the code is for electrical, I wondered if that might be the problem. Before the new Gov Pres Solenoid was installed I got a DTC P1757.
This Gov Press Sol was part of a kit including a transducer and an acclimator spring (the old spring was broken).

Problem 2:
I replaced the Cat Converter and both upstream and downstream O2 sensors.
I keep getting both P0141 and P0138 as I did before the replacement.
OBD2 live view now shows O2B1S2 sensor (downstream) stuck at 1.0 volts, no change after an hour of driving and the O2B1S1sensor ranging between 0 and 1.0 volts.
What's going on? A short? What would be the best way to diagnose?

Thanks for any and all help!

Old 06-19-2019, 11:59 AM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

Transmission and select oxygen sensors share a ground IIRC. Very common for both to have issues at the same time.

It is Ground number 105

G105 is located at the top rear of a valve cover or the right front of the engine (varies by production config).

Old 06-19-2019, 06:11 PM
zephyer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I will check it.

Quick Reply: Gov Pres Solenoid