2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Suggestions.... :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 08:59 PM
Cowboysdude
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions.... :)

My dad passed away in March and I now have his 99 Dakota [which I used it more then he did anyway ] and it body wise it was in rough shape...... it's going from maroon and silver to just silver..... new fenders, box, cab mounts, rockers and cab corners...I'm hoping to have it all painted and back together by the end of the month.... lots of work!

NOW my question is this..... I have the old style glove box that breaks in the console.... I would LOVE to replace the seats and use the newer bigger console box....... can anyone tell me if I can take the seats out of something like a 2004 and put them in? Will they just bolt in? I don't weld too well so I don't want to have bake some brackets that get me killed.

Thanks guys and I've looked through here some of your trucks are super sweet!! Can't wait to get mine back.......

Thinking about changing the stock dash gauges and using something like RealDash for it....... thoughts on that?

Again HUGE Thanks to all of you!

Old 08-25-2019, 10:18 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

The floor changed in 2000 to accommodate the bigger transmission that came behind the 4.7 engine. The seats and console themselves should bolt in fairly effortlessly, but you might have some gaps. However, I could be wrong.

Old 08-26-2019, 12:04 AM
Zingo
Professional
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The newer (like 04) center console won't fit correctly in your truck according to this.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-dakota-tech/398758-center-console-seat-swap-question.html&ved=2ahUKEwixutGh1p_kAhUKR6wKHd5TC8s QFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3i_5D1Af3phUo7X8Gn****&csh id=1566792872312

I wouldn't personally mess with the stock gauges/dash much. I think it ends up looking hacked more often than not. Getting a removeable aftermarket screen to read data through the OBD port would be cool though.

Last edited by Zingo; 08-26-2019 at 12:22 AM.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:15 AM
Cowboysdude

Yes that's what I'm doing screen via OBDII. I'm experienced at bodywork so putting a 7" touch screen and fiberglassing it is simple and would look stock once I'm done BUT that's a project for later......right now I'm focused on getting the body work done and painted As for the center console...... I may end up just building one ..... was trying to avoid that but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes LOL

Old 08-27-2019, 06:16 AM
Cowboysdude
Smile

Originally Posted by magnethead
The floor changed in 2000 to accommodate the bigger transmission that came behind the 4.7 engine. The seats and console themselves should bolt in fairly effortlessly, but you might have some gaps. However, I could be wrong.
I can live with the gaps .... it's amazing how little info is out there.... or I'm searching for the wrong thing. LOL

Old 08-27-2019, 07:36 AM
ZEN357
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cowboysdude
My dad passed away in March and I now have his 99 Dakota [which I used it more then he did anyway ] and it body wise it was in rough shape...... it's going from maroon and silver to just silver..... new fenders, box, cab mounts, rockers and cab corners...I'm hoping to have it all painted and back together by the end of the month.... lots of work!

NOW my question is this..... I have the old style glove box that breaks in the console.... I would LOVE to replace the seats and use the newer bigger console box....... can anyone tell me if I can take the seats out of something like a 2004 and put them in? Will they just bolt in? I don't weld too well so I don't want to have bake some brackets that get me killed.

Thanks guys and I've looked through here some of your trucks are super sweet!! Can't wait to get mine back.......

Thinking about changing the stock dash gauges and using something like RealDash for it....... thoughts on that?

Again HUGE Thanks to all of you!
First thing, sorry for your loss. I know how you feel, I lost my father two years ago.

Have you thought about retro fitting an after market console?

https://www.autoanything.com/interio...hoChrsQAvD_BwE

https://www.carid.com/rampage/center...RoCw2kQAvD_BwE

Quick Reply: Suggestions.... :)