2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

ABS Module [CAB] removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 08:07 PM
Jack Curry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Think I would be more inclined to drilling the heads off. You already know this job is going to be a pain, no matter which way you slice it. Might just as well bite the bullet, and get it done.
I agree. Tomorrow I have to take my other car in for a new airbag. My fourth trip to the dealer about airbags. If they get it done in a timely manner I'll try to get it loose. If I break things I can always drill out the screws and use self tapping screws to put the rebuilt module back on. If that doesn't work I'll just replace the whole shebang.
Good luck with the old Datsun Z car.

Old 03-02-2020, 10:50 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 161 Likes on 148 Posts

x2 on drill the heads off. the computer will slide off, revealing the solenoid shafts. Then you can try to twist the bolts out.

Old 03-03-2020, 09:23 AM
Jack Curry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by magnethead
x2 on drill the heads off. the computer will slide off, revealing the solenoid shafts. Then you can try to twist the bolts out.
So today I will see what five days of soaking the screws with PB Blaster has accomplished. I hope at least one more doesn't break.

Quick Reply: ABS Module [CAB] removal