2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 03:06 PM
kjun
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sunroof

Anyone put in an aftermarket sunroof. Looking for pros/cons such as noise, leaking, etc. I have an 02 Quad Cab and have been considering doing so ever since I had to get rid of my jeep wrangler. I miss the open air. Thanks.

Old 12-23-2005, 12:44 AM
Daksport1pa
Banned
Default RE: sunroof

I'm not sure how well it would work due to the ribbing on the roof of our QCs. Plus right down the middle is a support. I do think I know of someone who did it though. Let me see if I can find them and find out some info for ya.

Old 12-23-2005, 01:07 AM
kjun
Professional

Yeah. You may be right. I was looking at the roof on the way home from work. You can see where the support is right in the middle. I also have the overhead console. But if you do find out anything, let me know. Thanks.

Old 12-23-2005, 01:28 AM
RP Racing940
Record Breaker

If theres a support brace down the middle of the roof, forget about installing one. Last generation F-bodies had that also and sunroofs were a no fit. Ribbed roofs are a PITA to put them in. We did 2 suburbans with rear power sliding sunroofs and had to have a body shop flatten the area out to install the mount ring. Costs more to install the rear power sliding sunroof than we charged for it and the company owner said no more.

Quick Reply: sunroof