2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2001 Dodge Dakota Airbag Control Module Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 07:19 PM
N1CK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2001 Dodge Dakota Airbag Control Module Replacement

My 2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4.7L has had the airbag light on for as long as I've owned the truck. Finally got a code reader that can read and clear SRS codes. The fault it read was "ORC Output Circuit Diagnostic Code". Clearing the code does nothing which has led me to believe the airbag control module itself is bad. I am confident in my ability to replace the module safely. My only question is this, do these modules require the correct VIN to be flashed to them? Finding a new module is proving to be impossible so I am looking at rolling the dice with a junk yard unit.

UPDATE: Found another Quad Cab 2001 Dakota in a salvage yard that still had its airbag control module and wasn't in a wreck. Made sure both part numbers were identical and made the swap. No more airbag light! Just wanted to update the thread with how I resolved the issue in case someone else could use this information in the future.

Last edited by N1CK; 10-15-2020 at 07:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
dak02 (10-24-2020)

Quick Reply: 2001 Dodge Dakota Airbag Control Module Replacement