2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Dash interchange 2nd gen questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2020, 07:41 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 168 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by cabinover
May be the same interior but the HVAC controls change. I would imagine that swapping the whole dash, steel and all along with the heater box will solve the problem. Having said that I'm guessing a cab swap will be less involved and less costly since it needs a windshield also.

The upside is I think there is money to be made replacing cab mounts up here in VT but they are going on a carousel and stripped of interior first. Then again that takes up way too much real estate in my garage and the bikes have to stay outside...maybe in the summer only.

Thanks again guys, much appreciated.
Hard to say....selection of cabs could be daunting to find one usable. You'll probably end up gutting whatever you get anyways to weld in new rocker panels and body mounts on it, too.

Old 10-25-2020, 08:06 PM
cabinover
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by magnethead
Hard to say....selection of cabs could be daunting to find one usable. You'll probably end up gutting whatever you get anyways to weld in new rocker panels and body mounts on it, too.
Therein lies the problem here in New England. Glad we can pay those high taxes that allow us to have barely passable roads at times in the winter and still manage to collect material under the vehicles that eat them alive.

Quick Reply: Dash interchange 2nd gen questions