2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

check engine light p0700 code

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 02:06 AM
dakotadriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check engine light p0700 code

I have a 02' quad cab dakota sport 2wd with a 4.7 magnum. I notice a couple of weeks ago that my truck didn't want to get moving very well when I put it into drive, it wasn't that noticeable so i shrugged it off. now my check engine light just came on and i know what the code means, can anyone give me an idea of how serious this problem is. am I going to have to dig in my pockets or a simple fix. ps I just turned 70k, keep the fluids topped off and have a tranny cooler. please help[/size]

Old 02-22-2006, 03:21 AM
HUEY420
Rookie
Default RE: check engine light p0700 code

The Transmission/Transaxle Controller monitors the malfunction of sensors and actuators relating to Transmission/Transaxle Control. If any malfunction is detected, they inform the PCM by sending a signal - By illuminating the MIL and by setting the P0700 code.

P0700 means that a code has been set in the Transmission/Transaxle Controller.

This code is for information ONLY.

If P0700 is present, check for Transmission/Transaxle codes.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Gibbles_717
Default RE: check engine light p0700 code

I myself am sometimes surprised about the small things that can cause BIG problems, especially with OBD2 and how inaccurate they can be. Like leaving the gas cap off will trigger the Engine light telling you the whole EVAC system is malfunctioning. Where do you start.

My 05 Dodge Ram gave me a P0700 I flipped out. I thought I broke it. When I changed the fluid, it ran like a champ. The next day, it wouldnt even go into gear. Weird. I checked the fluid again and it was as almost like the engine wasnt even on. I pulled the pan and the flat fiber filter, not the spin on, had fallen out of place. Even with the hexagonal screw on one side, the sump side has to be properly placed, and not just jammed in there. The grommet that comes with the flat filter must be put on before the spin on filter with a 3/4" socket and extension and gently put in place with a small tack hammer. You then put the spin on filter, then the flat filter. You should be able to pull on the flat filter with one finger and have it still stay in place.

I hope that helps, I know this forum has helped me.

Quick Reply: check engine light p0700 code