2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

headers&steering

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 06:36 PM
smelser98
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers&steering

I bought my 98 from a repo lot it had been wrecked and mostly put back together I replaced ,all ball joints 1 inner tie rod and the idler arm but when i hit the brakes or pull off from a stop you hre a small poping noise and you feel it in the steering wheel somtimes it does it while turning 2nd question the truck has a 5.2 with headers and i have had a problem with it sometimes idling rough and backfiring through the intake at low to mid rpm but when you stomp on it no problems.... I have replaced the following iac,tps,map,plugs,wires,cap,rotor,and both 02 sensors after a couple of days the #1 02 sensor is carboned up and it starts the problem again I noticed today that the egr tube had a spark plug threaded into it this cannot be right so what do you do with the egr tube it doesnt go into the headers and could the crank sensor be bad Imn lost please help im tired of dumping money