2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

factory spark plugs...any good??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 01:39 AM
abyss888
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: factory spark plugs...any good??

Great! thanks

Old 04-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Dizzavizzle

How does Royal Purple compare to Lucas oil?

I know my mechanic told me to use lucas oil on my diffs, and add 30% to my motor oil. That stuff is so thick, a little bit on top of the jug took 30 min to run down the side. Thoughts/opinions?

Old 04-15-2006, 10:05 PM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont know much about Lucas oil, i do know it is a thicker oil like you mentioned, but as for mixing oils together i am no mechanic but im not a fan of doing that..if it was me i would just get a fully synthetic oil, as opposed to mixing oils and fluids, IMO NO THANKS..........i do know Royal Purple is slicker than hell and extremely durable (resistance to break down).......and garuntees a 10 hp gain on the dyno, which is amazing for basically just changeing fluids. Try to catch the episode of TRUCKS on spike tv, not only did they gain hp and torque, the truck ran much smoother and cooler temperature wise. If lucas can beat that then well good for them.

PS the truck on TRUCKS they used as the tester was a dodge ram

Like i said Royal Purple makes a kit that changes/replaces basically every main fluid on your truck, and if it was me and my truck i would (and am) going to purchase this kit when most of my fluids needed to be changed.

Also i should mention that this stuff is so slick, make sure you seals and gaskets and what have you are all in fairly good condition, b/c this stuff is so slick that it could actually leak thru worn or older seals.....for you newer truck this is not a problem, but for guys like me who have 80,000 miles on, b4 i drop this fluid in i am going to get a bottle of Seal conditioner and run it thru my truck, and then inspect them.

Old 04-15-2006, 10:11 PM
makericerscry

some where i was reading said that they did a dyno test with all the synthetic oils and out of all of them only amsoil and royal purple did any thing and amsoil wasn't signifigant. So be sure and pay the extra 10 bucks or so to get the best synthetic.

Old 04-15-2006, 10:14 PM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As i mentioned, royal purple GARUNTEES a 10 hp gain....i dont know of any other sythetic that does that !!!

Quick Reply: factory spark plugs...any good??