2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 03:40 PM
dakota_12
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust

Does any know what would look and sound good on a 02 dodge dakota i bpought it 3 months a go and i am looking for something that sounds good,if any one has an idea or guess what i shoul;d get please let me know thx Tyler

Old 04-25-2006, 05:02 PM
ugotit
Professional
Default RE: exhaust

Try the sound clips at flowmaster or magnaflow thats a good start ,if you have any questions on systems or mufflers send us a email we will be happy to help you . sales@strippermotorsports.com

Old 04-27-2006, 01:57 AM
Hotpants

i got a dual exhast from meineke. the muffler was made by a brand called vortex and the tips were sixteen and a half by 3 inches. It made my 3.9 sound very good and i am extremely satisfied so if you have a V8 then it would probably sound even better. With tax, installation, etc. it cost about $380. If you really want it to be loud and don't care about passing emissions then you could always just get it true straight piped with no cat or muffler and it would scream.

Old 04-27-2006, 02:13 AM
Hotpants

oh yea, i forgot to mention that the owner of my local meineke (who also carries flowmaster mufflers) said that most of his customers preferred the sound of the vortex exhaust over the sound of the flowmaster 3 to 1. He also stated that because most of his customers prefer the vortex muffler,he will probably stop carrying flowmasters soon. Also headers will make your exhaust sound better if you wanna get them in the future (just make sure that you get a good pair of gaskets and have someone that knows what they're doin to install them or they will leak and sound like a train).

Quick Reply: exhaust