2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Storage solition for stinger

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 06:46 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Storage solition for stinger

I don't know about you, but I hate having a stinger and hitch sticking out the back of my truck when I'm not connected to a trailer. I ALWAYS wind up smacking my shin on it and getting grease on my pants, so I wanted to come up with someplace to put it so it's out of the way and won't get all over anything. Up until tonight I'd kept it sitting on the floor in the back seat, but that just sucks. I thought about bolting something to mount it to inside the bed, but again, if I'm using the bed I don't want to have that greasy ball getting all over my shirt or whatever, so what to do?

Put it under the truck. Sure, it's going to get dirty from road grime, but who cares? The ball will be kept greased and it's completely out of the way. Yeah, it does cut down on my departure angle a little, but I don't do much serious off-roading with the Dakota anyway, that's what the welded axle Ram is for.

I'm getting this thing pretty well set up for road trips and towing. I've got my iPod mounted to the vent to the left of the radio, and hard-wired into the cd changer port so my steering wheel controls can change tracks, I've got my trailer brake controller wired in, CB mounted under the dash to the right of the cupholder, and my halon bottle mounted on the floor right in front of the driver's seat. The seat still slides all the way forward too, so it doesn't block the sliders at all.

Summit should be shipping my overload springs later today, so I'll put those in next week.

What's next? 2.5" into a single 3" cat into a 3" in/out Flowmaster 40 series out the stock location.

Other than that? Probably nothing until I have to start replacing things - solid front axle conversion, dana 60 rear, 408" stroker with forced induction. That's where I want to go with it, but we're talking a few years down the road at least, and who knows, by then maybe the Dakota will be good looking again (new) and have a cool little MB turbo diesel option.

I'd probably drop everything and buy a new Dakota if the Sprinter's diesel was an option.

Quick Reply: Storage solition for stinger