2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Diagnostic Trouble Codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Rattler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diagnostic Trouble Codes

My check engine light recently came on and I downloaded the following DTCs:

P0305 CYLINDER #5 MISFIRE Misfire detected in cylinder #5.
P1595 Speed Control Solenoid Circuits An open or shorted condition detected in either of the speed control vacuum or vent solenoid control circuits.
P1282 Fuel Pump Relay Control Circuit An open or shorted condition detected in the fuel pump relay control circuit.

The physical symptoms are a slight but noticable hesitation, bucking, missing at part throttle cruise between 1500 and 2000 rpm. At WOT it goes away. I also discovered my cruise control won't work. When I engage it the cuise indicator light goes on the quickly goes off. My fuel pressure gauge reads a steady 50 psi though I have noticed on occasion it will drop down to 47 psi. I know the fuel filter is part of the fuel pump mounted on the fuel tank and it is not normaly a maintenance or replaceable item. I have heard of people experiencing transient sparking inside the distributor cap. The plugs and wires are new. I am trying to determine if it is a fuel system problem or an ignition system problem. Any help would be most appreciated.

Quick Reply: Diagnostic Trouble Codes