2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

torsion bar question

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 01:41 PM
demarco0129
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default torsion bar question

Hey guys,

I have a 99 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 5 sp., I just bought it about 3 months ago, and i was wondering how i can tell if it has a lift kit or if the torsion bar is cranked? This might be a stupid question, but I am still really new to all of this and am trying to learn as much as possible. Also, i read earlier that i can put a flowmaster muffler and chrome tips on my exhaust to make it louder. Is this possible with a v6 3.9 manual? How much does this usually run to have someone do it? Thanks for any help.

Old 06-16-2006, 05:04 PM
28this
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: torsion bar question

Don't know of cost, but I did have a flowmaster and tip put on my 02 Dak w/v6. It was from a buddy so I didn't have to pay, but it is possible. If you have a body lift, you will see the spacers between the body and frame. For a suspension lift on the Dak, being IFS, it would have new control arms and probably even spacers above the coils in the front. My guess is if the rig is setting level, someone probably turned the torsions up.

Old 06-19-2006, 10:34 AM
couleedak29
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: torsion bar question

Does turning the Torsion Bar for more lift affect anything to the truck. Would it be worth it or would a lift be more ideal? I'm just looking for a few more inches for ground clearance. Drove in some deep snow last winter and pretty much felt like my truck was on a sled. Cranking it up, will that allow for larger tires?

Quick Reply: torsion bar question