2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2002 4.7L fuel pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 02:36 AM
carwarr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 4.7L fuel pressure?

Thanks for all the info I have read on this forum so far. It has helped me in figuring out my delayed starting problem alot so far.

I was wondering if anyone knows what the PSI should be on a 2002 dakota quad 4.7L?

I am reading about 45 PSI running.

I was having problems with it cranking and cranking and then finally starting. It runs fine after starting. I borrowed a friends fuel pressure gauge and found out that some times when I turn the key on, but not all the way to crank, it would not pressurize the line. Only intermittant. Now, I usually turn the key on and off a couple of times first and then start it and it seems to start up right away.

I am thinking that maybe the ignition switch is getting flaky but don't know for sure. The fuel pressure bleeds off pretty quickly. The pressure guage is usually showing 0 within a couple of minutes of turning off the truck. I don't know if this is normal or not.

Could a fuel injector being partially clogged cause this sort of issue with the quick pressure bleed-off or is this just normal?

Thanks for all the great info so far.

Mitch.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:17 AM
01Kadota
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2002 4.7L fuel pressure?

you have a leak somewhere. it could be your regulator or an injector. if you smell gas you have a leak between the engine and the tank.

Quick Reply: 2002 4.7L fuel pressure?