2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

THIS IS VERY ODD

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 02:43 AM
Ronnie_BlackII
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THIS IS VERY ODD

As of late when Im driving my Dodge the AC will go from Max ac to the defrost all by its self. then it comes back to the vents..I notice it more so when the engine is at higher RPMS. THis may be a fluke. You can actually hear the vents close off and then its blowing out the defrost vents. Especially when my baot is behind the truck or if its REALLY REALLY Hot out side. The air is good and cold but its so odd..What is that?

Ronnie

Old 07-05-2006, 04:23 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: THIS IS VERY ODD

I don't know what year they changed it, but I know on my 1996 (Gen 1) the vents are vaccum controlled, and that could be caused by a vaccum problem (incase of a vaccum problem, it reverts to defrost so at least you have clear windows!).
However, when looking up on the 2001 Dakota (the only service manual I have for the Gen 2), they have motor controlled doors.
Go to this post. You can download a service manual for the 2001 (Courtesy Daksport1pa), and you can do a read-up on the actuator doors. Starts on page 24-19 (2184 in the PDF) until 24-24 (2189 in the PDF).

Old 07-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Ronnie_BlackII
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THIS IS VERY ODD

Thanks Im on that now................You folks sure a a lot of help..Thank you again!

Ronnie