2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

magnaflow on a 3.9

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 03:49 AM
demarco0129
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default magnaflow on a 3.9

ok i have found a muffler shop that will install an magnaflow muffler and chrome tip on my v6 stick shift, they said that it is 120 bucks for parts and labor and i think that sounds like a really good price. he said that he carries magnaflow over flowmaster because of popularity. Will the magnaflow be louder on my truck? as in, will it be worth it? or should i just not even do it because it will sound either a. the same, or b. worse? anyone own a magnaflow on a 3.9? i know it wont sound like a v8 but my neighbors have a couple of loud trucks that wake me up in the morning so i want to be able to do the same when i get home at night. thanks guys, any experiences would be helpful

Old 07-15-2006, 04:40 AM
dodgedakota98luver
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: magnaflow on a 3.9

if i were you i'd put a 12 inch glasspack on it then a Y pipe come out dual exhaust i swear by that setup a lot of ppl around here run it and its way louder that any of that magnaflow or flowmaster stuff but it doesnt have a crappy loud no exhaust sound its got a good clean sound to it i've got that on my 5.2 and its really really loud and my friend west has it on a little 3.0 ford ranger and its just about as loud it should cost you about 200 bucks thats what it was on mine but i had to replace that cat too so it should be cheaper for u

Old 07-16-2006, 09:22 PM
02DakotaSXT

i just got the full magnaflow bolt on kit put on my truck and i love the sound, its loud but not to annoying loud. I would defiently reccomend it, they have a very unique sound.

Old 07-17-2006, 03:01 PM
demarco0129
Professional

Hey Everyone!
I just got back from the muffler shop and i just wanted to let you all know that everything worked out, 136 bucks out the door for a FLOWMASTER 40 series and a chrome tip, and it sounds AWESOME. I had my doubts about how good it would sound on a v6 stick shift, but oh man! I think it almost sounds better then on an auto because i can shift when it starts to sound a little "ricey." just thought i would let you guys know how it turned out. thanks to everyone wh posted opinions and thoughts about this. i know i had posted a few times regarding this issue, but hearing what other people did and how satisfied they were really helped. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: magnaflow on a 3.9