2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

02 SLT

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 03:02 PM
redsand132
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 SLT

Hey i have a 2002 dodge dakota slt 3.9L and am thinking about getting magnaflow duel exhaust . Does anyone have an opinion on that? Also what are some not too expensive ways to increase hp?

Old 07-15-2006, 03:12 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 02 SLT

As I said in your first post (please don't double post)

Mufflers- From other users, they usually recommend Flowmaster over Magnaflow. They say while the Magnaflow is louder, the Flowmaster has more of a deeper, stronger sound.

As far as ways to increase power, I've heard cold air intake. You might gain a some slight power with the exhaust. Perhaps a chip (Jetchip and Superchip come to mind reading other posts).

Just take a look through the 2nd Gen forum. Lots of people have asked about exhaust, ways to get more power, etc. And I'm definitly not one to ask about these things, lol. But I'd be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

Old 07-15-2006, 04:02 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dual = 2 of something, duel = fight between 2 people.

Unless you're running 2" pipe, it's overkill and you can lose torque.

I'm just perplexed at how many people buy a v6 and then want to make more power, when there's an obvious fix for this in the buying process.

I swear this exact topic has been covered no less than a hundred times in the past week.

and yes, I just got up, my eyes are crusty, and I've got sand in my mangina, so sorry.

Old 07-15-2006, 08:47 PM
lil
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree I bit the bullet in upgrading for 2 reasons from my old Dakota 2003 SXT Club Cab (bought new from the dodge dealer) then after driving it for 2 years I accepted that I wanted more power (V8), no mods to the V6 3.9L were gonna do it for me cuz I wanted the V8 sound too.....then after driving a quad cab rental for a month I also realized I wanted the extra room of a 4 door so I desided I wanted Gen 2 latest I could get so that would be a 2004, looked for low miles and the SLT package......after a few months one night looking online a local dealer just put one on their ad with a sale price....it was just what I wanted 2004 SLT 4.7 V8 Quad Cab (5.2/5.9 not an option for this year and I wanted the better gas mileage) and it worked out great I got them to pay off my trade in, no down payment from me, my payment stayted about the same and got them to toss in a extended bumper to bumper warranty for free to match the drive train warranty that came from Dodge.....so an even swap, upgraded to V8, 4 doors, half the miles of my current truck and a year newer.....I just had to sign on the dotted line and drive home.....payment was 70 cents less per month and insurance went down 7% becasue I guess 4 door = more of a family truck hehe......so the point of this story is......dun waste your time beating your self up over a V6 on pwr you will never have and a sound you just can't get.......find the V8 dakota you want and "Just Do It"