2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Dakota Quad Cab MTX Thunderform

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 04:13 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dakota Quad Cab MTX Thunderform

Too cool. Does that interfere at all with putting the seat up?
And is it a 10" ?

Old 08-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no they do not interfere. i had an mtx thunderform in my old honda accord and loved it. for a 10" sub, i was very impressed. i even removed the speaker/integrated amp and set them in an enclosed box and now how it behind the driver's seat in my dakota. hits harder than ever. for the money, unfortuately rather expensive, the thunderform series is always a winnner for both fit and finish, and sound quality.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:28 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fast forward to me installing one in my truck - YES, they do prevent you from folding the seat up.

Whenever I get around to wiring my amp in I'll get to see how it sounds. I've got way more amp than the MTX will handle, but oh well, just keep the gain turned down a bit and it'll be fine.

Also to anyone who has one installed in a Dakota QC - Were you able to put the plastic cover back on the mounting point for the bottom of the seat back? The box seems to block the access for the mounting screw, so I can't screw it down.

Quick Reply: Dakota Quad Cab MTX Thunderform